VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / May 13, 2022 /( ) (HK:1878) (“SouthGobi” or the “Company“) announces that announces that, on May 13, 2022, the Company and Land Breeze II S.à.r.l. (“Land Breeze“), a wholly-owned subsidiary of a major shareholder of the Company (the “Major Shareholder“), signed a new deferral agreement (the “2022 May Deferral Agreement“) pursuant to which Land Breeze agreed to grant the Company a deferral of the interest payments which are due and payable on May 19, 2022 under the convertible debenture dated November 19, 2009 (the “Convertible Debenture“).
The effectiveness of the 2022 May Deferral Agreement and the respective obligations, covenants and agreements of each party under the 2022 May Deferral Agreement are subject to the Company obtaining the requisite acceptance thereof from the Toronto Stock Exchange (the “TSX“).
The principal terms of the 2022 May Deferral Agreement are as follows:
- Land Breeze agreed to grant the Company a deferral (the “Deferral“) of the following payments until August 31, 2023 (the “Deferral Date“):
- a Deferral of semi-annual cash interest payment of US$7,934,247 payable to Land Breeze on May 19, 2022 (the “Deferred Amounts“) under the Convertible Debenture and a deferral fee equal to 6.4% per annum on the Deferred Amounts (the “Deferral Fee“) payable under the Convertible Debenture; and
- a Deferral of management fees for Q4 2021 and accrued deferral fees related thereto that is outstanding as of November 14, 2021 (US$10,740) and the management fees to be accrued in Q2 2022 which will be due and payable on August 14, 2022 under the Amended and Restated Cooperation Agreement dated April 23, 2019 (the “Deferred Management Fees“), and a deferral fee equal to 2.5% per annum on the outstanding balance of the Deferred Management Fees (the “Cooperation Agreement Deferral Fee“) payable under the Amended and Restated Cooperation Agreement.
- If at any time before the Deferred Amounts and Deferral Fee are fully repaid, the Company proposes to appoint, replace or terminate one or more of its chief executive officer, its chief financial officer or any other senior executive(s) in charge of its principal business function or its principal subsidiary, the Company will first consult with, and obtain written consent (such consent shall not be unreasonably withheld) from Land Breeze prior to effecting such appointment, replacement or termination;
- The Company agreed to comply with all of its obligations under the prior deferral agreements entered into with Land Breeze; and
- The Company and Land Breeze agreed that nothing in the 2022 May Deferral Agreement prejudices Land Breeze’s rights to pursue any of its remedies at any time pursuant to the prior deferral agreements.
The Company will make further announcements regarding the potential of further future deferrals of its payment obligations under the Convertible Debenture as and when appropriate. There can be no assurance, however, that any agreement for future deferrals will be reached with the Major Shareholder either at all or on favourable terms.
If there is any inconsistency or discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
SouthGobi, listed on the Toronto and Hong Kong stock exchanges, owns and operates its flagship Ovoot Tolgoi coal mine in Mongolia. It also holds the mining licences of its other metallurgical and thermal coal deposits in South Gobi region of Mongolia. SouthGobi produces and sells coal to customers in China.
Certain information included in this press release that is not current or historical factual information constitutes forward-looking statements or information within the meaning of applicable securities laws (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), including information about the potential of further future deferrals of its payment obligations under the Convertible Debenture. Forward-looking statements are frequently characterized by words such as “plan”, “expect”, “project”, “intend”, “believe”, “anticipate”, “could”, “should”, “seek”, “likely”, “estimate” and other similar words or statements that certain events or conditions “may” or “will” occur. Forward-looking statements are based on certain factors and assumptions including, among other things, the Company’s ability to successfully negotiate a future deferrals of its payment obligations under the Convertible Debenture and other similar factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from what the Company currently expects. Actual results may vary from the forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue importance on forward-looking statements, which speaks only as of the date of this disclosure, and not to rely upon this information as of any other date. While the Company may elect to, it is under no obligation and does not undertake to, update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, further events or otherwise at any particular time, except as required by law. Additional information concerning factors that may cause actual results to materially differ from those in such forward-looking statements is contained in the Company’s filings with Canadian securities regulatory authorities and can be found under the Company’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
View source version on accesswire.com:
First Quarter Update 2022
First Quarter Update 2022
VANCOUVER, BC, May 13, 2022
/THIS NEWS RELEASE IS NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES/
VANCOUVER, BC, May 13, 2022 /CNW/ – Macarthur Minerals Limited (TS…
Gossan Resources Announces Closing of Private Placement of Units
Winnipeg, Manitoba–(Newsfile Corp. – May 13, 2022) – Gossan Resources Limited (TSXV: GSS) (FSE: GSR) (XETRA: GSR) (the "Company" or "Gossan") is pleased…
Copaur Minerals Completes Acquisition of New Placer Dome Gold With Overwhelming Shareholder Support of 99.5%
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / May 13, 2022 / CopAur Minerals Inc. (TSX.V:CPAU) ("CopAur") and New Placer Dome Gold Corp. (TSX.V:NGLD) ("New Placer Dome")…
The U.S. Department of Justice and Hudbay Receive Rosemont 9th Circuit Court Ruling; Hudbay Continues to Advance Copper World
Liberty Gold Reports Q1 2022 Financial and Operating Results
P2 Gold Gabbs Column Leach Tests Achieve up to 89% Recovery of Gold
IIROC Trading Halt – NGEX
Condor Gold PLC Announces Its Unaudited Results for the Three Months Ended 31 March 2022
KARNALYTE RESOURCES INC. ANNOUNCES 2022 FIRST QUARTER RESULTS
Karora Resources Mines 27,489 Gold Ounces, Posts $65.3 Million In Revenue For Q1 2022
Global Gold Mining Market Report 2022: A $197.58 Billion Market in 2021 – Analysis & Forecasts by Placer Mining, Hardrock Mining, Jewelry, Investment, Central Banks, Technology 2017-2021 & 2022-2027
International Tower Hill Mines Files 2022 First Quarter Financial Results
IIROC Trading Resumption – NGEX
Energy & Critical Metals22 hours ago
Portofino Reports Airborne Survey Underway; Additional Claims Acquired – Allison Lake North Lithium Project
Precious Metals21 hours ago
Silver Sands Announces Stock Option Grant to Directors and Consultants
Energy & Critical Metals23 hours ago
It could be boom time for African graphite mining projects as EV battery demand surges
Economics15 hours ago
Powell Sees More “Pain” Ahead, Admits ‘Soft Landing’ Is ‘Out Of Fed’s Control’
Precious Metals15 hours ago
Kinross announces Annual Shareholder Meeting voting results
Companies21 hours ago
RooGold acquires new exploration license, adding 229 km2 in NSW
Precious Metals22 hours ago
Fortuna Reports Net Income of $27.0 million in the First Quarter of 2022
Companies15 hours ago
Trevali Provides Update on Search and Dewatering Efforts at Perkoa Mine