Volcanogenic massive sulfide (VMS) deposits are as impressive as they sound. Formed as far back as 3 billion years, these geological marvels represent a large portion of the world’s most in-demand minerals and metal commodities.
This article will outline why VMS deposits are so sought after and how the most significant mineral exploration players with VMS deposit assets present exceptional long-term exploration opportunities, high yield and economic upside to potential investors.
What is a VMS deposit?
VMS deposits make up some of the world’s most prosperous base metal and precious metal deposits. These VMS deposits occur worldwide, often formed in clusters around tectonic plate boundaries in areas with ancient underwater volcanic activity that can date back to around 3 billion years.
This INNspired article is brought to you by:Amex Exploration Inc. (TSXV:AMX,FRA:MX0,OTCQX:AMXEF) is a junior resource company focused on building ounce and making high-grade gold discoveries at its 100%-owned Perron Gold property located in Canada’s premier mining jurisdictions such as Quebec and Ontario.Send me an Investor Kit
These deposits are usually underlain by mineralized vein or stringer sulfide footwall stockwork and hydrothermal alteration. The unique geological processes that form VMS deposits occur at the depths of the ocean and are associated with volcanic and/or sedimentary rocks as the name suggests. Likewise, they can exist in any rock type, but the typical environments include volcanic rocks and fine-grained, clay-rich sediments.
VMS deposits tend to cluster in districts (or camps) and locally within districts. The average massive sulfide camp in Canada has about nine deposits but ranges from four to 21, as seen in the Noranda camp in Quebec.
Most impressively, VMS deposits are major sources of copper and zinc and contain significant quantities of gold, silver, lead, selenium, cadmium, bismuth, tin and more. Currently, global metal production from VMS deposits accounts for 22 percent of zinc and 9.7 percent of lead, 8.7 percent of silver and less than 7 percent of the world’s copper and gold.
Only 2.2 percent of world gold production and six percent of copper production is from VMS deposits. With such impressive mineralization, mining companies with VMS deposit-based assets present exceptional production potential and high grading, which can be very rare and just as special.
Where are major VMS deposits found?
The search for a buried sulfide deposit often begins with an airborne geophysical survey.
Some sulfide minerals are magnetic and can cause measurable deviations in the Earth’s magnetic field surrounding the deposit, while others are good electrical conductors and can measurably affect the strength and direction of electromagnetic fields close by. Using this method of tracking, geologists can discover new emerging VMS deposits and study more mature and well-established regions in parts of the western hemisphere.
For example, several large and prolific VMS camps occur in Canada, including the Noranda camp in Quebec. The Normétal mine, located in Quebec, produced ~10.1 million tonnes of 2.15 percent copper, 5.12 percent zinc, 0.549 grams per tonne (g/t) gold and 45.25 g/t silver and ran for more than 40 years. Today there are several major exploration players in the Chicobi belt along the Normétal mine horizon, where the past-producing Normétal mine operated near the town of Normétal. These include:
Amex Exploration (TSXV:AMX,OTCQX:AMXEF,FWB:MX0) is a junior mining exploration company focused on acquiring, exploring and developing viable gold exploration opportunities in the prolific mining district of Quebec, Canada. Amex is focused on its 100 percent owned Perron gold project located 110 kilometers north of Rouyn Noranda, Quebec, consisting of 117 contiguous claims covering 4,518 hectares.
The company has focused primarily on its high-grade gold assets at Perron, primarily the Eastern and Gratien gold zones, Grey Cat zone. The company is currently in the middle of a massive fully funded 300,000 meter drill program. Recently, as part of their regional exploration work, they made a copper-rich VMS discovery on the same property in August 2021. The Amex team has long believed the property had the potential to host a VMS style deposit and with this discovery they believe they have found one. Results from a small drill program to test for base metal potential highlighted grades of 2.4 percent copper, 0.72 percent zinc, 0.27 g/t gold and 22.15 g/t silver over 7.8 meters, with more exploration still left to be conducted. With this discovery Amex Exploration looks to dedicate one of its 10 drills to further define the VMS potential in conjunction with a high-grade gold deposit on the same property. Either asset has the potential to be a company maker on its own merit.
Also in the same greenstone belt and in the Normétal Mine horizon is Starr Peak (TSXV:STE), which recently made a VMS discovery on their Newmétal property which neighbours Amex Exploration’s Perron project. The Newmétal project actually hosts the past producing Normétal mine. Starr Peak has been able to interpret historic data combined with new data from modern surveys and geophysics to make a brand new VMS discovery. The company is currently following up with a 60,000 meter drill program.
Next to Starr Peak and in the same belt is Generic Gold (CSE:GGC). Generic is the largest landholder in the Chicobi belt with four properties covering 12, 563 hectares proximal to the town of Normétal. Generic Gold is actively exploring for VMS-style mineralization with a planned fully funded 7,500 meter drill program that will be drilled in two phases and will target both orogenic gold and gold-rich VMS targets. The company has assays pending from the current drill program. A VMS discovery is quite possible given the vast amount of land they control, much of which host the Normétal mine horizon.
All this exploration actively is making the previously underexplored Chicobi belt one of the hottest VMS and gold exploration districts in the Quebec Abitibi and Canada.
VMS deposits: The potential for long-term production
The mature age of some VMS deposits is not only a geological marvel but also means the potential for long-term production because of its unique close cluster structures. The formation of clusters of deposits or ore lenses in close proximity and the polymetallic nature of the ore present large-scale operational potential for individual mining players to leverage over a significant exploration, development and production period.
Typically, several deposits feed a central mill, which can create economies of scale in a specific area. Additionally, metal by-products generated from production also enhance the case cost profile for operating mining companies and can boost economic upside and exposure to different commodity markets.
Analysts project that current resource and historical production figures from 904 VMS deposits around the world average roughly 17 million tonnes, of which is approximately 1.7 percent copper, 3.1 percent zinc and 0.7 percent lead. Knowing the versatility, high-yield and widespread mineralized nature of VMS deposits, seeking out these operations and projects can present tremendous benefit to prospective investors considering the growing demand for precious and base metal commodities across various industrial and technological sectors.
VMS deposits are unique geological marvels that are primary sources for many of the materials, metals and minerals that make up the modern world. Known for their high-yield and high-grade copper, lead, zinc, silver and gold mineralization, prolific VMS deposits in mining districts like Quebec, Saskatchewan and parts of Latin America present mining companies and investors exceptional discovery and economic opportunities. Due to their unique close cluster structure and historic formation, VMS-deposit-based projects and prospects also present long-term production potential and exciting exploration possibilities.
This INNSpired article is sponsored by Amex Exploration (TSXV:AMX,OTCQX:AMXEF,FWB:MX0). This INNSpired article provides information which was sourced by the Investing News Network (INN) and approved by Amex Exploration in order to help investors learn more about the company. Amex Exploration is a client of INN. The company’s campaign fees pay for INN to create and update this INNSpired article.
INN does not provide investment advice and the information on this profile should not be considered a recommendation to buy or sell any security. INN does not endorse or recommend the business, products, services or securities of any company profiled.
The information contained here is for information purposes only and is not to be construed as an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of securities. Readers should conduct their own research for all information publicly available concerning the company. Prior to making any investment decision, it is recommended that readers consult directly with Amex Exploration and seek advice from a qualified investment advisor.
The post Volcanogenic Massive Sulfide Deposits: Long-term Exploration Opportunities appeared first on Investing News Network.tsxv cse otcqx gold silver copper zinc bismuth cadmium tsxv-amx amex-exploration-inc tsxv-ste starr-peak-mining-ltd cse-ggc generic-gold-corp
Palladium One Shares Jump 10.26% After Reporting Drill Results 112 metres of 2.08% PdEq at LK, Finland
Palladium One Mining Inc. [PDM-TSXV; NKORF-OTC; 7N1-FSE] reported results of Kaukua South hole LK21-081, which…
Palladium One Mining Inc. [PDM-TSXV; NKORF-OTC; 7N1-FSE] reported results of Kaukua South hole LK21-081, which intersected 4.07 g/t palladium equivalent (PdEq) over 24 metres, within 2.08 g/t PdEq over 112 metres, starting at 171.5 metres depth.
This represents the highest-grade intercept over width that drilling has returned to date, at the Kaukua South zone of the 100%-owned LK project in Finland. In addition, down-plunge drilling is successfully expanding higher-grade core zones to depth as demonstrated by hole LK21-080, which intersected 1.86 g/t PdEq over 40.5 metres, including 2.95 g/t PdEq over 3.0 metres from 229.5 metres depth. Multiple holes now demonstrate increasing grade and widths at depth.
Derrick Weyrauch, president and CEO, commented: “Our Kaukua South discovery continues to deliver excellent results and demonstrates potential for higher-grade core zones within the Kaukua area. We believe there are several other higher-grade core zones yet to be defined based on the significant number of drill targets still to be tested.”
Hole LK21-081 returned 234 gram-metres, surpassing hole LK20-016, which returned 201 gram-metres reported October 22, 2021. These holes are part of two parallel higher-grade, southwest-plunging core zones or shoots at Kaukua South. A similar core zone occurs at the existing Kaukua deposit, where it occupies a linear depression in the footwall contact.
These core zones may represent magma channels, within the marginal phase of the Koillismaa mafic-ultramafic complex, that have thermally eroded the footwall rocks. Induced polarization (IP) surveys have proven very effective at targeting these higher-grade core zones, and two potential new zones have been identified to the west and east of the drill-defined mineralization at Kaukua South, see news release dated July 7, 2021. Refer to company press release for complete drill results.
The company is now calculating palladium equivalent using $1,600 (U.S.) per ounce for palladium, $1,100 (U.S.) per ounce for platinum, $1,650 (U.S.) per ounce for gold, $3.50 (U.S.) per pound for copper and $7.50 (U.S.) per pound for nickel consistent with the calculation used in the company’s September, 2021, National Instrument 43-101 Haukiaho resource estimate.
Spot gold equivalent
Spot palladium and gold equivalents are calculated using recent spot prices for comparison purposes using US$2,300/oz palladium, US$1,000/oz platinum, US$1,800/oz gold, US$4.50/lb copper and US$9/lb nickel.
Palladium One Mining’s flagship project is the Lantinen Koillismaa project, a palladium-dominant platinum-group-element-copper-nickel project in north-central Finland, ranked by the Fraser Institute as one of the world’s top countries for mineral exploration and development. Exploration at LK is focused on targeting disseminated sulfides along 38 km of favourable basal contact and building on an established NI 43-101 open-pit mineral resource.
September Gold Forecast Update: “Only” 68 Analysts Now Forecast Gold Going To $3,000 Or More (+19K Views)
Many analysts are projecting that gold will be going at least as high as $3,000/ozt over the next few years. One analyst even claims that gold will spike…
Automatically receive the internet’s most informative articles bi-weekly via our free bi-weekly Market Intelligence Report newsletter (sample here). Register in the top right hand corner of this page.
More and more analysts are projecting that gold will be going at least as high as $3,000/ozt over the next few years. One even claims that gold will spike up to $87,500/ozt.! Below is a revised list of their names and stated rationale for each of their forecasts.
By Lorimer Wilson, editor of munKNEE.com – Your Key To Making Money!
1. Jim Sinclair: $50,000 in 2025 and to $87,500 by 2032
- In a recent YouTube video Sinclair said that, with so many U.S. Dollars being printed to uphold the economy as a result of COVID-19, that Gold will rise to $50,000/ozt. (i.e. go “straight up” in Sinclair’s words) at the end of the 45-year gold cycle which is coming up in 2025 and rise up to $87,500/ozt. by the end of 2032. Source
1. Erik Lytikainen: $25,000 by 2030
- “We will not be surprised to see $25,000 per troy ounce of gold by the year 2030. It will likely be a volatile ride higher, with large drawdowns along the way.” Source
2. Martin Armstrong: $25,000
- “Gold should theoretically sell for $25,000 a troy ounce, given the monetary prolificacy since 1980”…in reference to the ever soaring $3.3 Trillion U.S. budget this year, alone. Source
1. Goldrunner: $20,000 between mid-2028 and end of 2029
- “As a result of the recent massive paper money printing, our chart work suggests that gold could possibly spike up to as high as $20,000 per troy ounce – or even a bit higher – some time between mid-2028 and the end of 2029.” Source
2. Pierre Lassonde: $20,000 in 2 – 5 years
- “Gold prices should skyrocket to much higher levels, even $20,000/ozt. in two to five years’ time, as gold reaches a price level close to the level of the Dow Jones Industrial Index.” Source
3. Egon Von Greyerz: $20,000
- “I believe a gold price of $20,000/ozt. is very probable, even without high inflation.” Source
4. Leigh Goehring: $10,000-$15,000 by 2027-28
- “Our target is between $10,000-$15,000 per troy ounce.,,[by] 2027-28.” Source
5. Briton Hill: $5,000-$20,000 in next 5 to 10 years
- “You can’t produce trillions of dollars with 0% interest rates and not introduce inflation. Long-term, we could be entering a cycle similar to the 1970s, where the precious metal sector rose by thousands of percentage points, and if we see something like that happen again in the next 5-10 years, we could easily see $5,000, $10,000, even $20,000 gold,” he said. “Gold could easily hit $20,000 per troy ounce in the next decade.” Source
1. James Rickards: $10,000
- “$10,000 per troy ounce is not pie in the sky. It’s not a number I pulled out of a hat to get headlines. It’s the actual mathematical implied non-deflationary price of gold.” Source
2. Daniel Oliver: $10,000
- “The money to push gold over $10,000 per troy ounce has already been printed and now they are going to print more…No doubt strong fiscal and monetary intervention may extend its life for a time, but then the ultimate price objective for gold will then be markedly higher.” Source
3. Max Keiser: $10,000
- To deal with the disaster of “trash fiat money” choking the global economy, a new gold standard will need to be introduced “and to make it work, we will see gold’s price top $10,000 per troy ounce.” Source
4. Adam O’Dell: $10,000
- “The price is guaranteed to hit near $10,000/ozt..” Source
5. AG Thorson: $7,000 – $10,000
- “By the end of this decade, we expect gold to reach $7,500 – $10,000 per troy ounce.” Source
6. Peter Schiff: $5,000 to $10,000
- Schiff projects a price of between $5,000 and $10,000 per troy ounce, and says the Dow Jones Industrial Average, which is now valued at about 12 times the price of gold, will trade at just 7.5 times instead. Eventually, he sees gold and the Dow trading at even money. Source
7. Don Durrett: $3,000 to $10,000
- “My price target for gold is somewhere between $3,000 and $10,000 per troy ounce.” Source
8. David Smith: $10,000
- “Gold could reach US$10,000 per troy ounce by the end of the bull market.” Source
9. Bob Kirtley: $10,000
- “My target has been $10,000/ozt. since June 2006, so at that point, an exit strategy will be executed, hopefully with some handsome profits.” Source:
10. Scott Minerd: $5,000 to $10,000
- “As chaotic price swings of the crypto world push investors back into gold and silver, the precious metals will start to build momentum, with the ultimate gold price target set at $5,000-$10,000 per troy ounce.” Source
$7,000 -$9,000 Gold
1. Florian Grummes: $8,000 to $9,000 in 5 to 10 years
- “We could end up having gold at $8,000 to $9,000 per troy ounce in five to 10 years.” Source
2. Ronald-Peter Stoeferle and Mark Valek: $4,800 to $8,900 by 2030
- “The proprietary valuation model shows a gold price of $4,800/ozt. at the end of this decade, even with conservative calibration. Should money supply growth develop in a similar inflationary manner to that of the 1970s, a gold price of $8,900/ozt. is conceivable by 2030.” Source
3. Graham Summers: $8,000
- “Gold first rallied about 630% from 2003-2011. It then corrected about 43% before bottoming in 2015 at $1,060/ozt.. If it follows a similar second leg up this time around, it’s going to ~$8,000 per troy ounce before it peaks.” Source
4. Hubert Moolman: $7,758
“In my opinion, it is virtually guaranteed that gold will again catch up with the Dow’s performance since 1913, and significantly surpass it just like in the 70s. This means we will likely see gold reach $7,758/ozt. (in the near future) and eventually go on to reach multiples of that high.” Source
5. Gov Capital: $5,837 by 2023; $7,220 by 2024; $8,531 by 2025
- “5 year gold forecast: $8530.74/ozt.” Source
6. Jason Hamlin: $4,000 to $8,000 by 2025
- “We fully expect to see the gold price close out the year 2025 somewhere between $4,000 and $8,000 per troy ounce.” Source
7. Jeff Clark: $3,000 to $8,000 in 5 years
- “Potential 5-year high: $3,000 to $8,000 per troy ounce.” Source
8. Charlie Morris: $7,166
- “A bullish target of $7,166/ozt. is both logical and plausible.” Source
9. Tom Fitzpatrick: $4,000 to $8,000
- “We see no reason why this bull market cannot be as strong as the prior two averaging a multiple of eight times over an average of 7 years. Translating that to the $1,046/ozt. low in 2015 would come up with a number north of $8,000/ozt. possibly in as little as the next 2-3 years. Even if that sounds aggressive, a move similar to what we saw in 2009-2011 would suggest close to $4,000/ozt..”
10. Mike McGlone: $7,000 by 2025
“From 2001-2011, gold advanced about 7.5 times, which if repeated would bring it to around $7,000/ozt. in 2025.” Source
$4,000 – $5,000 Gold
1. Rob McEwen: $5,000
- The founder of Goldcorp Inc., McEwen predicts that gold will soar to $5,000 a troy ounce, bolstered by a weaker dollar and waning demand for trendy assets like pot stocks. Source
2. Victor Dergunov: $5,000 in 3-5 years
- “Gold at $5,000/ozt. in 3-5 years seems plausible, and it is likely to continue to go higher after that.” Source
3. Dan Popescu: $5,000 in 5 years
- “Gold price could break above $5,000/ozt. in the next 5 years.” Source
4. David Morgan: $5,000 before the end of the decade
- “Gold could hit $5,000 a troy ounce this decade, especially as the greenback loses purchasing power.” Source
5. Moe Zulfiqar: $5,000 by 2030
- ” It wouldn’t be shocking to see gold at $5,000 per troy ounce, or more, by 2030. ” Source
6. Brian Whitfield: $5,000 by 2030
- “I feel I am safe, and being conservative, in saying that gold should be trading between $3000 – $5000 per troy ounce in ten years. Should the U.S. dollar fail and/or the U.S. dollar loses the coveted global reserve currency status and/or even the loss of the petrodollar, gold could hit these level far sooner.” Source
7. Chris Wood: $5,386
- “The gold price of US$850/ozt. at the peak of the last secular bull market in gold in January 1980 was then equivalent to 9.9% of US disposable income per capita. The gold price is now just 3.6% of US disposable income per capita. Therefore, to reach 9.9% of US disposable income per capita means gold should rise to US$5,386/ozt.. Source
8. Ole Hansen: $4,000
- “$4,000/ozt. probably is a little bit far-fetched as the world looks right now, but if you look years into the future, then that is possible because the repercussions of what we’re going through right now with the pandemic and the aftermath is going to be something that’s going to be felt for at least this generation and potentially beyond.” Source
9. Geraldo Del Real: $3,000 to $5,000
- “I actually think $3,000 to $5,000 per troy ounce is very reasonable.” Source
10. Thomas Kaplan: $3,000 to $5,000 by 2030
- “Gold prices could rally as high as $3,000 to $5,000 per troy ounce within a decade.” Source
11. David Rosenberg: $3,000 to $5,000
- “A $3,000 to $5,000 per troy ounce target.is fundamentally justified based on the facts we have today.” Source
12. Gary Christenson: $3,000 to $5,000 by 2022
- “A reasonable “status quo” valuation for gold in 2021 is around $3,000/ozt.. Prices will fall below and occasionally spike much higher than the valuation so a gold price of $5,000/ozt. in 2020 – 2022 is plausible.” Source
13. Shaun Djie: $3,000 to $4,000 within 10 years
- “In the next 10 years, gold will continue to be volatile. Gold could trade anywhere between the levels of $3,000 or $4,000 per troy ounce in the next ten years given how much cash will be potentially put into the economy.” Source
14. Frank Holmes: $4,000 in 3 years
- “The yellow metal is set to rally in the same fashion as in the aftermath of the last recession and, if cycles are exactly the same, gold could go to $4,000/ozt.”. Source
15. Diego Parrilla: $3,000 to $5,000 in the next 3 to 5 years
- Unprecedented monetary stimulus is fueling asset bubbles and corporate debt addiction — rendering interest-rate hikes impossible without an economic crash. In the ensuing market mania gold could rise to $3,000 to $5,000 per troy ounce in the next three to five years. Source
16. Massimiliano Bondurri: $3,000 to $5,000 in 3 to 5 years
- Massimiliano Bondurri, a capital founder and a CEО of SGMC, believes an ounce of gold will rise in price to $3,000 -$5,000 per troy ounce in the next 3-5 years. Source
17. Eric Fry: $3,000 to $4,000
- ‘When this ballgame ends, gold with be trading for at least $3,000 a troy ounce, and an extra-inning affair would not surprise me — lifting the gold price past $4,000/ozt..” Source
18. Michael Cuggino: $4,000
- Cuggino, CEO of the Permanent Portfolio Family of Funds, a $1.9 billion mutual fund that is conservatively run and rated four stars by Morningstar, says it would “not be an unreasonable move” for gold to breach $4,000/ozt.. Source
19. Kirk Spano: $3,000 by mid-decade; $5,000 possible
- “$3,000/ozt. mid-decade [with] upside potential to $5,000 per troy ounce.” Source
$3,000 – $3,500 Gold
1. Chris Vermuellen: $3,500
- “Expect to see an ultimate peak price in gold well above $3,500/ozt..” Source
2. Victor Dergunov: $3,500 by end of 2022
- “When we consider that the monetary base is likely to surge to around $8 trillion by year-end, we can conclude that this will give us around a 10,000% increase from the roughly $80 billion in monetary base the U.S. had in the early 1970s. Likewise, we can apply a similar percentage to the $35/ozt. gold price around the same period. A 10,000% increase from the $35 gold price would put gold prices at around $3,500 per troy ounce, roughly 100% higher than where the price of gold is today, [and] I think it is quite likely that we will see gold prices appreciate to $3,500/ozt. by the end of 2022.” Source
3. Charles Gibson: $3,281
- “Since 1967, the price of gold has shown an extremely strong (0.909) correlation with the total U.S. monetary base. The more dollars that either are, or could be, in circulation, the higher the expected gold price. With the total US monetary base now closing in on US$5.5tn the gold price could very reasonably be expected to rise to as high as US$3,281/ozt.” Source
4. Bank of America: $3,000 by end of 2021
- BoA raised its 18-month price target for gold to $3,000 a troy ounce citing the prospects of endless monetary expansion from central banks, including the Federal Reserve, to limit the economic damage from the COVID-19 pandemic. Source
5. WingCapital Investments: $3,000
- “Using the post-2008 bull market as a guideline during which gold more than doubled within the ensuing 3 years, $3,000/ozt. would be a reasonable long-term target in our opinion.” Source
6. Barry Dawes: $3,000 within 2 to 3 years
- “I expect to see $3,000/ozt. in gold over the next 30 months.” Source
7. Brian Lundin: $3,000 by 2024
- “I think we’ll set a new record in real terms, exceeding $3,000/ozt., at some point over the next four years or so.” Source
8. Byron King: $3,000
- “I think Bank of America is on track. I don’t think there’s any question gold will see $3,000/ozt.. As with all things in life, it’s just a question of how long it will take.” Source
9/10. Ben Morris and Drew McConnell: $3,000
- “$3,000 per troy ounce isn’t a long shot.” Source
11. Alex Mashinsky: $3,000 by end of 2021
- Mashinsky sees gold climbing to $3,000/ozt. by the end of next year but admits that even more gains are possible depending on how bad the currency debasement gets. Source
12. Robert Kiyosaki: $3,000 within 1 year
- “I predict $3,000/ozt. gold in 1 year.” Source
13. Stewart Thomson: $3,000
- “Queen Gold is assured of launching above the key $2,000/ozt. price zone, ready to begin a rocket blast towards my medium-term $3,000/ozt. target!” Source
14. Mark O’Byrne: $3,000 in next 12 months
- “Gold is quite likely to climb to $3,000/ozt. in the next 12 months.” Source
15. John Ing: Higher than $3,000
- “We expect gold to trade higher than $3,000 a troy ounce due to a lower greenback and solvency concerns.” Source
16. Joe Foster: $3,200 to $3,400
- “We…believe this to be a deflationary cycle and both recent deflationary gold bull markets suggest that a price over $3,000 per troy ounce is reasonable. In fact, if one believes, as we do, that the current central bank stimulus to fight the impacts of the COVID-19 virus, along with elevated levels of systemic risks, are similar to those during the global financial crisis, then $3,400/ozt. may be the target for this bull market.” Source
17. SomaBull: $3,000
- “The money supply is quickly heading to levels that would support a $3,000/ozt. gold price well in excess of fair value by the time this bull market is exhausted.” Source
18/19. Yvo Timmermans and Paul Van den Noord: $1,900 to $3,000 over next 18 months
- “We anticipate gold will fall within a bandwidth of $1,900 and $3,000 per troy ounce over the next 18 months.” Source
20. Jordan Roy-Byrne: +$3,000
“Gold is currently building the handle portion of a cup and handle pattern, which we anticipate could break to the upside sometime in 2022 or early 2023. The measured upside target is $3,000/ozt., but these charts argue the run could go farther.” Source
21. Adam Trexler: $3,000
“With inflation coming, we’ll see gold over $2,500/ozt. in real dollar terms but we’ll see a devaluing of the dollar…[and] if you see 10% inflation, the dollar number value of gold could be much higher. I don’t think $3,000/ozt. gold is impossible and, if we see a hyperinflation scenario, it could be significantly higher.” Source
What do you think of the above price forecasts? Have your say in the “Comments” section below. Also, if I have missed other analyst forecasts (they must be within the last year) please mentioned them below and I will include them in a future article.
About Lorimer Wilson
Lorimer Wilson is an economic & financial commentator who has written numerous articles on economics, finance, precious metals, and the cannabis stock sector. He is the Managing Editor of munKNEE.com, a site that provides a selection of the internet’s best finance articles in an edited, reformatted and abridged format to ensure a fast and easy read.
The post September Gold Forecast Update: “Only” 68 Analysts Now Forecast Gold Going To $3,000 Or More (+19K Views) appeared first on munKNEE.com.dollar gold silver inflation monetary markets reserve money supply metals interest rates central bank correlation monetary expansion money printing debasement reserve currency inflationary deflationary crash ax precious metals
Beauce Gold Fields Drill Program Intersects a 1 Km Mineralized Corridor Parallel to the Placer Gold Channel
Beauce Gold Fields (Champs D’Or en Beauce) (TSX Venture: ¨BGF¨), (“BGF”), is pleased to announce…
Beauce Gold Fields (Champs D’Or en Beauce) (TSX Venture: ¨BGF¨), (“BGF”), is pleased to announce that it has completed the first drill program to test numerous high-priority targets on the Company’s Beauce Gold property located in Saint-Simon-les-Mines, Quebec. All 38 diamond drill holes totalled 4,585 meters. All holes have intersected significant widths and over 1,000 meters in length of favourable mineralized structures along multiple strike zones trending parallel to the historical placer gold channel.
Patrick Levasseur, President and CEO of Beauce Gold Fields said, “Another first for this historical placer gold property. We are very excited that our diamond drill program has identified a 1 KM long mineralized corridor, that is part of a gold bearing system in the bedrock first identified by our surface work.” Mr. Levasseur added: “We look forward to receiving assay results and to continue building our understanding of these newly discovered mineralized structures. Results thus far increase our confidence that this could lead us to a lode gold discovery and to the possible source of the historical placer gold deposit”
This sector was quickly identified as a priority target, based on previous geophysics, mapping, and trenching work. Notably, the 2020 work by Marc Richer Lafleche PhD Geo., of INRS who identified the presence of visible gold in the trenches TR-2020-01 (Bulk A), TR-2020-02 (Bulk B) and TR-2020-05 (Bulk C). These trenches are spaced more than 200m apart and oriented on an NNE-SSW axis. (BGF press release May 12, 2021)
Nineteen (19) boreholes (SM-21-3-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-25-28-29) were positioned to intercept mineralized zones at depth. The zones extend at least 350m in length. The 300m-deep SM-21-03 was drilled to intersect a gold bearing zone (Busque Tr-2020-51 and Tr-2020-46) at a vertical depth of around 230m. The drilling also tested the zone of gold anomalies found in the trenches at approximately 45m vertical depth. Several short holes were drilled to obtain HQ dimension cores in areas favourable to visible gold mineralization as demonstrated in hole SM-21-08 (BGF press release August 8 2021).
All these 19 holes were drilled along the main mineralized structure (containing gold, arsenopyrite, pyrite, chalcopyrite, sphalerite) covering an area of 1000m in length and by 350m in width. This structure remains open laterally. Many holes have been spaced 30m between the trenches. Others were drilled below tunneling found on the property from the St-Gustave placer gold mine operated by Champs-D’Or Rigaud-Vaudreuil company in the 1910s.
Two step out drill holes (SM-21-26, Sm-21-27) intersected a stockwork zone beneath an outcropping northeast of Rang Saint-Gustave near the Gilbert River. Several blue quartz veins have been noted and sampled for gold.
The nine holes (SM-21-01,16 ,20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 34 and 35) were drilled under the Tr-10008 trench (BGF press release January 1, 2019) and the extensions of the anomalous gold zone. Drilling indicates that this zone is developing at depth and laterally and that it would be open on each side of the trench. The arsenopyrite, pyrhotite and chalcopyrite mineralization are more significant in certain holes.
Drilling from the St-Gustave and Poulin areas confirms that the mineralization at Saint-Simon-les-Mines is hosted within a ductile deformation zone which developed mainly in the axial planes of anticline folds. The heterogeneity of the rocks and the contrasting lithological competencies allowed the development of fractured zones which favoured the circulation of mineralizing fluids.
RANG 6 AREA:
Another region that has been investigated is located approximately 700m northeast of Rang Saint-Gustave. A series of four boreholes (SM-21-30 to SM-21-34) were oriented along an NNE-SSW axis which is approximately 450 meters long. The purpose of these holes was to test bedrock structures below the strong placer gold values obtained in the past in the gravels of a small tributary of the Gilbert River (Section G-80-A, 3.65g/m3 Au, 1987 GM46544).
HISTORICAL PLACER GOLD CHANNEL:
Six boreholes (SM-21-2, 4, 36, 37 and 38) were drilled to test structures below sections of the historical placer channel that was mined by a dredging operation in the 1960s. The drilling was also oriented to verify some of the highest gold grades recorded by historical overburden drilling (BGF press release January 21, 2021). Some holes have mineralized quartz veins which will be analyzed. Borehole SM-21-04 was designed to test an induced polarization anomaly.
Drill cores are currently being logged and selected split drill core samples sent to Actlab laboratory for analysis. Further updates will be provided as assay results become available.
The drill program is supervised by Jean Bernard, B,Sc. Geo and is a qualified person as defined by NI 43-101, that has reviewed and approved the technical information presented in this release
SHARES FOR DEBTS
In accordance with the agreement between BGF and Agora Internet Relations Corp., entered into on August 1, 2020 for the term ending July 31, 2021, BGF Board has approved the issuance of 80,714 common shares at a deemed price of $0.14 per share to pay $11,300 for services rendered during the period from May 1, 2021 ending July 31 2021. Each share issued pursuant to the debt settlement will have a mandatory four (4) month and one (1) day holding period from the date of closing. This debts settlement is subject to the TSX Venture Exchange approval.
About Beauce Gold Fields
Beauce Gold Fields is a gold exploration company focused on placer to hard rock exploration in the Beauce region of Southern Quebec. The Company’s flagship property is the St-Simon-les-Mines Gold project site of Canada’s first gold rush that pre-dates the Yukon Klondike. The Beauce region hosted some of the largest historical placer gold mines in Eastern North America that were active from 1860s to the 1960s It produced some of the largest gold nuggets in Canadian mining history (50oz to 71oz). The intent of Beauce Gold Fields is to trace the placer gold workings back to the bedrock source and uncover economic bedrock gold mineralization.
Comprising 152 contiguous claims and 7 real estate lots, the project area contains a six-kilometer long placer gold channel consisting of unconsolidated gold-bearing auriferous units of a lower saprolite and an upper brown diamictite.
The Company has identified a major Fault Line in bedrock that coincides with geophysical findings of an interpreted fault structure across the property, referred to herein as the AMT Shear. Evidence suggests the erosion of the AMT Fault or related splay fractures as a probable source of the historical placer gold channel, and has conducted bedrock sampling and geophysics outside the expression of the placer gold channel. This is the target of the current drill program.
For further information contact
Patrick Levasseur, President and CEO Tel: (514) 262-9239
Bernard J. Tourillon, Chairman and COO Tel (514) 907-1011
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements, including, without limitation, statements containing the words “may”, “plan”, “will”, “estimate”, “continue”, “anticipate”, “intend”, “expect”, “in the process” and other similar expressions which constitute “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s current expectation and assumptions, and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to, our expectations regarding mineral exploration. Such statements reflect the current views of the Company with respect to future events and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties and other risks detailed from time-to-time in the Company’s on-going filings with the securities regulatory authorities, which filings can be found at www.sedar.com. Actual results, events, and performance may differ materially. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements either as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable securities laws.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.tsx tsx venture gold diamond
Taper Tantrum 2.0?
Hot Mining Small Caps To Watch Under $5
Here’s Why Evergrande Is NOT the Next Lehman Brothers
Cameco’s Reddit Traction Is Justified as Nuclear Energy Gains Popularity
FOMC Signals Taper “Soon”, Shows Rate-Hike In 2022
3 Reasons Uranium Stocks are Surging
MoneyTalks: Armytage Private’s Lee Iafrate likes these diversified fin services and infrastructure stocks
Denison Mines Stock Up 3.33% on News of Wheeler River Phoenix Uranium Deposit Feasibility Study
Looking for the Next Big Crypto to Explode in 2021? Try These 5 Coins
Precious Metals20 hours ago
Taper Tantrum 2.0?
Energy & Critical Metals22 hours ago
Cameco’s Reddit Traction Is Justified as Nuclear Energy Gains Popularity
Economics24 hours ago
FOMC Signals Taper “Soon”, Shows Rate-Hike In 2022
Base Metals21 hours ago
MoneyTalks: Armytage Private’s Lee Iafrate likes these diversified fin services and infrastructure stocks
Energy & Critical Metals5 hours ago
Economics20 hours ago
Three Key Takeaways From The Fed Meeting
Base Metals20 hours ago
Canadian Natural Resource Sector Real GDP on the Rise for the 4th Straight Quarter
Precious Metals20 hours ago
Gold – Lost its shine?