The market took another turn for the worse this past week, with four weeks in a row in the red and the DOW futures dropping, testing significant support from the summer.
With the upcoming Fed meeting and higher rates coming to control inflation, we are watching a few themes.
Here are Five Themes to Trade Next Week:
1. Stock or Bonds? Or both? Neither? Not only have stocks lost significant value, but the long bonds TLT performed just as poorly. But maybe that is about change?
The long bonds, or TLTs, are potentially bottoming, and investors tend to buy TLTs to avoid losses in their portfolio. If so, what does this mean for the US dollar? Duration? Growth?
2. Commodities continue to outperform the SPY (silver outperforms gold, and gold is already outperforming SPY).
This means that although silver and gold prices may be volatile, they are to retain more value for your dollar. Could commodities be waking up and precious metals leading the way?
3. Food prices remain high, and the cost of groceries continues to increase rapidly. Food inflation can have far-reaching consequences for both individuals and economies. Inflation is the silent killer of your wealth.
The value of money is eroding almost daily, so essential to invest in inflation hedges, specifically in areas of food, and there are several ways to trade, protect, and profit from inflation.
4. The 1978-1980 trading range in the indices supplants the fears of a major crash. A trading range is when the prices of an asset become restricted within upper and lower limits for a sustained period of months or even years. In other words, trade price and not fear.
5. China waking up or potentially going back to sleep. Investors and CEOs alike are worried about the future of the Chinese economy. With a slowing economy, growing unemployment, and an impossible ZERO COVID policy, China is wobbling right alongside their property market.
There are a lot of factors weighing on the market and these five themes are important to watch and more importantly to trade them as the Fed meets next week.
As always, watch the price charts.
Mish’s Upcoming Seminar
ChartCon 2022 Stockcharts October 7-8th Seattle.
Join me and 16 other elite market experts for live trading rooms, fireside chats, and panel discussions
Stock Market ETFs Trading Analysis and Summary:
S&P 500 (SPY) Confirmed bear phase 382 support with resistance at 396
Russell 2000 (IWM) Support at 176 and resistance 180
Dow (DIA) Confirmed bear phase 305 support and 309 resistance
Nasdaq (QQQ) support at 285 and resistance at 292
KRE (Regional Banks) Support at 62 resistance at 63.25
SMH (Semiconductors) Confirmed bear phase and support at 200 and resistance at 206
IYT (Transportation) 214 support and 217 resistance
IBB (Biotechnology) Support at 121 and 124 is resistance
XRT (Retail) Support at 61 and 64 is resistance
The author may have a position in mentioned securities at the time of publication. Any opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent the views or opinions of any other person or entity.
Turn Off CNBC and Watch Real Yields
Investors watch CNBC and CNBC’s competitors for guidance on where the markets are going. CNBC may provide insightful commentary from very qualified investors….
Midweek data: balance of trade around the world ahead of the NFP
The magnitude of the current bounce suggests considerable institutional involvement, which is practically unknown in the week before a major event such…
Sunstock Inc (OTCMKTS: SSOK) Major Run Northbound as Revenues and Profits Grow Quickly
Sunstock Inc (OTCMKTS: SSOK) is a low float runner that has emerged as one of the biggest runners in penny stocks as of late skyrocketing from $0.07 back…
“When Will They Learn?”
IBEX 35 index forecast for October 2022
Roubini: The Stagflationary Debt Crisis Is Here
Crashing Pound Prompts Gold Demand Surge, Exhausts Bullion Dealers
The FatFIRE Movement: 7 Ways to Retire Young and Rich
Western Exploration Looks To Expand Resources at Nevada Project
Turn Off CNBC and Watch Real Yields
Gatos Silver Inc. (GATO) can’t be written off after posting last 3-months Average volume of 428.52K
Here is why Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. (WPM) stock volatility recorded over the last month was 3.57%
Eldorado Gold reports drilling progress at three projects, shares up
Companies20 hours ago
Uranium Energy $UEC Discovers High-Grade #uranium at Christie Lake
Companies21 hours ago
The case for low-grade sulfide nickel deposits
Financing News23 hours ago
Lion One Drills Exceptional High-Grade Intersections as Part of Metallurgical Drill Program
Financing News24 hours ago
TASEKO MINES PROVIDES FLORENCE COPPER PERMITTING UPDATE
Uncategorized17 hours ago
High Voltage: China may dominate 90% of the world’s cathode production by 2030, but the devil’s in the detail
Uncategorized21 hours ago
Goldshore hits bigly copper
Energy & Critical Metals23 hours ago
Rare Earths MMI: A Renewed Push for Rare Earth Independence
Uncategorized23 hours ago
Aussie Lithium Exports to Jump More Than Ten-Fold in Two Years