Effective Date: September 1, 2020.
The Site contains links to website hosted by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third-party website. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) about you.
2. Changes to This Policy
3. Information We Collect About You
NXTmine and NXTResearch Media gathers information about its users mainly to enhance their experience on the Site. This information is used to bring you content that is relevant to your interests. Additionally, NXTmine and NXTResearch Media, along with our partners, may collect information about you anonymously to provide you with targeted advertising messages that are catered to your location, interests, and the Site’s behavior. This collected information includes 1) personal information you provide to us and 2) non-personal information we automatically collect through technology.
a. Personal Information You Provide To NXTmine and NXTResearch Media
When using the Site, you may provide NXTmine and NXTResearch Media with PII, including but not limited to:
- Personal contact information (name, zip code, postal code, e-mail address, and phone numbers)
- User names (including social media user names)
- Correspondence with NXTmine and NXTResearch Media staff
- Billing Information (for paid NXTmine and NXTResearch Media products)
- Contact information
You may also provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Site. Your Contributions are posted on the Site at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site who view your Contributions or with whom you may choose to share your Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
You are not required to provide NXTmine and NXTResearch Media with any PII in order to use the Site. Certain PII you provide to us can be updated through the account settings of registered users. PII that is collected is the sole property of NXTmine and NXTResearch Media.
b. Non-Personal Information We Automatically Collect About You
This type of information is collected anonymously through the use of technology, such as third-party cookies, web beacons, and other similar methods. No PII is collected through these methods. Non-personal information we automatically collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Hardware/software information (geographic location, IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, bandwidth, etc.)
- Analytics information (time spent on the Site, number of pages viewed, referring web page, browsing information, social sharing, etc.)
- Advertising & content information (type of ads & content seen, number of times served, pages where served, etc.)
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Some of the technology used includes but is not limited to:
Web beacons: The Site content may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit NXTmine and NXTResearch Media, for example, to count users who have accessed the Site and for other related statistics, for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity.
c. Information Third-Parties Collect About You
This type of information is collected anonymously by approved third-party partners (such as online marketing firms, research companies, social media companies, ad targeting firms, and other partners). None of the information collected by these sources contains any PII. Information third parties collect about you includes but is not limited to:
- Demographic information (gender, age, HHI, job title, interests, etc.)
- Advertising information (clicks, interactions, post-impression performance data)
- Social networking information (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Research information
4. What Is Done With The Collected Information?
Email Communications: NXTmine and NXTResearch Media may use the information that you submit to send you email communications, such as newsletters, breaking news, information about the Site, alerts, and promotional messages from advertising partners.
Site Analysis: NXTmine and NXTResearch Media uses the information collected through third-party sources to learn and analyze how the Site is used. We use this information to enhance the Site by making improvements based on the data collected.
Advertising: We may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, telephone number, or any PII) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to deliver targeted ads to you, your location, and your interests. We also may use third-party ad platforms to deliver ads on our Site. No PII is exchanged with any type of advertising message on NXTmine and NXTResearch Media.
5. How We Share Information Collected
There are very few specific circumstances when your information is shared outside of the company. These circumstances include but are not limited to:
- If you post Contributions or use social media applications in conjunction with the Site, the information you submit (including your social media username) is viewable to the public.
- NXTmine and NXTResearch Media may need to disclose PII to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or any other legal process.
- We employ third-party services to distribute email newsletters, and these third-parties have access to specific information only for the purposes of fulfilling contracts on our behalf.
- In the event NXTmine and NXTResearch Media goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ PII will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
6. Email Policy
NXTmine and NXTResearch Media are committed to complying with all Canadian privacy laws as well as Anti-Spam Legislation, and it is our intention that our email communications be pursuant to such laws.
With the exceptions noted above, NXTmine and NXTResearch Media will send you newsletter communications, partner sponsorship messages, account alerts, and any other emails you have requested to receive. If you would like to opt-out of any specific newsletters or mailings, please login to your profile to change your newsletter settings.
7. Children Under 13
NXTmine and NXTResearch Media is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on NXTmine and NXTResearch Media. NXTmine and NXTResearch Media does not knowingly target advertising to, or collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features on the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
NXTmine and NXTResearch Media uses commercially reasonable controls to safeguard data against unauthorized use and theft.